EQ Audio Mastering Tutorial – Contents
This chapter will explore the use of EQ – a tool of great power in making a track sound pro. It will describe the things you should be listening for when mastering with your EQ. A mixture of videos, articles, pictures and diagrams are used to provide you with the skills and knowledge to confidently go to your EQ, adjust it and get great results when mastering audio.
In this tutorial
- Introduction to the EQ Used in the Mastering Tutorials – A brief introduction to the EQ plugin being used for demonstration – Logics Linear Phase EQ.
- Mastering EQ, Tone and the Frequency Spectrum Tutorial – Explores the idea of shaping the mix using EQ, equipping the track with a tonal balance that will translate well to different music playing systems.
- Linear Phase EQ Parameters – A video demonstration of the various parameters found in Logics Linear Phase EQ accompanied by a text article.
- EQ Decisions in Audio Mastering – Looks at the various situations where EQ may be required and reveals one of the fundamental purposes for EQ in mastering.
- Problem Frequencies in Audio Mastering – Explores further the various situations where EQ is necessary and introduces a clever technique for identifying problematic frequencies with a downloadable audio file to try the technique on.
- Linear Phase EQ Mastering Technique – Video article explaining the technique for identifying and dealing with problem frequencies.
- Problem Frequencies in Audio Mastering Continued – A discussion into the other types of problem frequencies and an explanation about why we perceive them as problematic.
- Linear Phase EQ in Audio Mastering Demonstration – Video demonstration of the technique mentioned using the downloadable track.
- Audio Mastering EQ Final Word – A few brief words summing up the chapter.